We love looking around other motorhomes and I'm sure you're no different, so have a look inside ours- a Swift 496 Esprit (the newer models are called Swift Bessacarr Motorhomes.)
Why buy a Swift Motorhome?
We wanted several things from our new motorhome when we changed from our old McLouis:
- Under 3m
- End lounge
- Separate dinette
- Drop-down bed if possible
We didn't set out to specifically buy a Swift motorhome, but this happened to be the one we found with the layout we wanted, within our price range.
Facts about the Swift 496 Esprit
Our Swift motorhome is a 2015 496 Esprit (Same as a Swift Bessacarr 496)
|Gas locker capacity||2 x 13kg bottles|
|Engine||Fiat Ducato 2.3L/ 130MJT|
|Chassis||AL-KO Low-line Chasses|
|Max Braked trailer weight||2000kg|
See inside our Swift Motorhome
Take a look inside our Swift 496 Esprit!
Pros of this Motorhome
- SO Much space, especially for a family.
- Low profile
- Lots of light
- Great under seat storage
- 6 seatbelts and 6 sleeping berths
Cons of the Motorhome
- Galley storage is RUBBISH. Seriously, what's with the weird cupboard that's not wide enough to put anything in?
- Bathroom is the biggest compromise
- Drop-down bed just doesn't work. We have to completely repower it!
- Over 3.5 tonnes
- Longer than we would prefer.
We've been all over Europe in this van- and it's been a great adventure machine. Sure, there are things we'd change and there are definitely compromises, but it's one of the best layouts we've found for a family who need two living areas and lots of storage.