Only 7 days left! Just one more week until we set off for pastures new! Have you started to dream about your trip yet? But first- let's remember all the things to do before you travel!
If you've just joined us, WELCOME! This is the 21 day Road Trip countdown- whether you're exploring by Motorhome, RV, car or caravan, this daily countdown contains a list of all the things you need to check and organise in the 3 weeks before you go. Each day there's a new task for you to focus on, which will break the whole process down into manageable units and ensure you don't forget anything.
If you want to see the full list of tasks, here’s the main page: Road Trip Travel Checklist- Countdown to Departure.
(There’s an excellent chance this post contains affiliate links, meaning if you buy through them we get a small commission which allows us to keep this site going. We appreciate your support- thank you. Wandering Bird Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com/ amazon.co.uk)
15 Smart Things to do before you travel which you can do the week before
This post is all about the silly little jobs which often get forgotten in the excitement of a holiday. Not all of these will apply to you (they don't even all apply to me!) but I've tried to include as many as I can think of so nothing gets forgotten. Let me know if you think of any more!
- Start winding down the contents of your fridge/ freezer
- Confirm booking with pet sitter/ kennels/ cattery
- Tell your bank & credit card you are going abroad- turns out, my bank no longer cares…!!
- Leave a rough itinerary with a friend/ family member, along with phone numbers
- Find someone to water plants/ garden
- Ask someone to check your mail if necessary
- Make sure your phone numbers are stored with +44 (if in UK) or you won't be able to dial from abroad
- Talking of phones, back up and clear out old photos so you have plenty of space
- Take a photograph of your passports and keep it on your phone so you have it to hand
- Start downloading movies, podcasts, TV shows or music which you might want to take with you (CHECK OUT our 150 best road trip songs HERE)
- STOP BUYING things which might be delivered whilst you are away
- If you get daily deliveries, like milk or newspapers, make sure you let them know you will be away
- Start doing your pre-trip laundry, and putting stuff you want to take to one side
- If your campervan/ motorhome has been stood for a long time, consider washing out your water tanks with chlorine
- Make a checklist of things to bring with you- especially useful for an early morning departure!
Know someone who might find this post useful? Share it with them on social media. Want to read it later? Here's the pin: