Welcome to Wandering Bird, where we talk about all things motorhoming, road trips & van life.
Links for you:
Hey, I'm Kat. Three years ago I quit my job as an air traffic controller to explore the UK & Europe by motorhome and motorbike. On this blog, we share tips and tricks to help you have amazing road trips, whether it's a quick weekend away or a 3-month tour of Europe.
I travel with my husband and our adorable cocker spaniel, Mac. This is us in the Italian Dolomites in 2019.
Here are some links to get you started and feel free to join our email list to get helpful vanlife tips & checklists, behind-the-scenes mistakes (of which there are sadly many!), and other helpful bonuses.
Your new favourite vanlife hoodie is here!
Latest on the Blog
- Motorhome Security- 12 essential tips to protect your camper from theftConcerned about motorhome security? Looking for ways to protect your campervan from theft? You're not alone- it's one of the most common questions we receive- how to keep a motorhome both safe at home and while on the road?
- 14 perfect Quiet Activities for Kids and teenagers (quiet time sanity savers!)If you're looking for quiet activities for kids, tweens and teenagers, whether for on a road trip, in a motorhome/ RV or even just back at home, this post is for you. Also, if you're shopping for a child/ teen and want some gift ideas that the child (and parents!) will love, here are some ideas!
- 21 easy children's Car Games & Road trip activities for kidsLooking for the best games for children to play in the car on a road trip? Want ways to keep them entertained, quiet or playing nicely? Here are some ideas for the best car games …
- 15 best campervan gadgets & motorhome acccessories (worth their space)Looking for the best motorhome and campervan gadgets? Not the essential gear, but things which just make van life that little bit easier. Whether you live in your van, or just use it for weekend …
- 45 best Campervan Gifts (ideas they actually want!)Campervan Gifts- the best practical and most useful Campervan Gift ideas for vanlifers and campervan owners
- Attending the Menin Gate Ceremony & Last Post at Ypres- complete guidePlanning to visit the Menin Gate and attend the Last Post ceremony at Ypres (Ieper)? If not, you should be! This incredible place is will worth putting on your travel itinerary. Here's everything you need …