We treated ourselves to an air lounger (inflatable sofa / lazy bag… whatever you want to call it!) This thing is bright green… and boy did we have trouble with it! There were a lot of funny fails- as you will see in the video! So- just how do you inflate an inflatable sofa?!
Watch the Video of us trying to inflate an inflatable sofa- and a few funny fails!!
How to inflate air lounger?
- Open up sofa/ lazy bed and lie it on the ground. The longer you leave it to lie flat, the easier it will be to inflate.
- Open up the mouth and hold the middle splitter and one side tight together, leaving one side open. You might find it works better to hold the mouth VERTICALLY, not horizontally.
- Find the wind direction, and run a few paces into the wind, holding the sofa/ bag up into the wind to gather as much air as possible
- QUICKLY close the mouth, and then hold tightly the middle splitter and the side you've just filled together, leaving the other side open.
- Run again into the wind with the lazy bag/ sofa held up to get air into the other side.
- Close mouth quickly.
By now, both sides should be full of air. If not, repeat the process and maybe run a little further (no more than 10 steps should be needed.) Be sure to roll the mouth tightly shut and click the clip securely closed so it can't come undone. Then lie back and enjoy all your hard work!! 🙂
How to inflate an air lounger with no wind!
Ok- so you're trying to inflate it indoors. Or on a beautiful sunny day which has absolutely no wind. No problem, it's absolutely doable… you just need to work a little harder (sorry!)
- It's mostly the same steps as above, but this time definitely hold the mouth with the magnetic strip vertically.
- Hold the mouth open (you can do both sides at once for this method if you prefer)
- Take a sideways stance, and sweep the bag in a straight line from one side of your body to the other. (Imagine the bag is a massive whale eating small fish (or whatever whales eat!))
- As soon as the bag passes your body, slam the mouth closed to trap the air.
- Bring back to start point at repeat several times until bad is full- could take 10/15 really good sweeps.
- ONLY open mouth as you are sweeping, or all the air will leak out!
Is this the best sofa for road trips or backpacking?
We fully accept that an inflatable air lounger is not essential motorhome kit. It's most definitely not essential for a backpacking road trip when you have to carry all your stuff!
That being said, if you have a vehicle, you may well want some outdoor seating which doesn't take up much room- an inflatable lounger is ideal for that. If you have a bit more space, you may want to look at some folding chairs or, our personal favourite, a folding sofa! Seriously- we use ours ALL. THE. TIME. It's magical.
Where to buy an inflatable air lounger?
If you'd like to
embarrass try it for yourself, you can buy them from Amazon UK HERE
and Amazon USA HERE
How else can I help you today??